Many people, women and men as well, think about removing their body hair, all over the body, if they can. But take it easy a little bit because hair is sexy, hair is attractive in some situations and if you want to remove it from a certain area, you should think twice. This process will be endless if you don't opt for a semi-permanent or permanent hair removal method.
Removing the hair from the anus area is a sensitive topic, too little discussed. The reality is that increasingly more people remove or want to remove the perianal hair, which grows in the area between the anus and the genital and the hair that surrounds the anal hole.
But why they want to remove this hair, which is often unseen by the person herself/himself or only seen by her/his life partner?! One reason is that ass hair is messy. If a person has too much hair in the anus area, he can have personal hygiene problems: like solid waste which remains on the hair, awful smell, stained underwear. If you wipe your ass with too much toilet paper, you can irritate it, moist towelettes aren't always near you, using water (and soap) may be useful at home, but in public restrooms, you won't do that, right?!
Women and men who wear often bikini or thongs can feel uncomfortable because the hair sometimes is trapped in the underwear. Also, sweating too much is a problem, hair tends to keep the odor. You get the point..there are some situations when is better to have a hairless anus and even hairless buttocks. But I wouldn't overdo it!
Overall, having a hairless area back there is easy to achieve...use the same method that you use for your pubic area, front and/or back. But there are methods which inflict pain and others which are easier to bear, painless if they are done right. I will talk about every method that i could think of.
No matter what method you will use, keep in mind that you have to treat it with care because, in this area, the amount of bacteria is higher than the rest of your body, especially E-coli bacteria, and if you pinch or tear your skin, you may get easily infected.
Maybe for some people, the process itself is easy, not so daunting, they know what they have to do, but to maintain the area is more difficult to handle. The immediate side effects can be skin irritation, skin infection, red bumps, itching and when the hair grows back people can also feel itching, sweat too much, pimples. There are products which can reduce these effects, but first I am going to tell you about the anal hair removal methods.
Anus hair removal methods
Epilation is my favorite topic. Epilating your ass and anus area is the best option from my point of view. The results are even better than waxing because the skin won't be so irritated (when you wax a body area, the wax will take away a thin layer of the skin as well, irritating the skin) and you will control the entire procedure, from where to pull out the hair, where to insist more.
Epilating the anus area means that the hair will be pulled out from its root, exposing the hair follicle to bacteria, which often comes from the fecal waste and making you more prone to bacterial infection.
Some people are scared to use an epilator over this area because they think that the skin will get caught in the device. Well, despite the common belief, you will cut yourself more when you are shaving the anus area.
If you use a good epilator and the right cap for the sensitive area the results will be amazing, the device is able to grab even the shortest hairs, leaving a smooth skin behind. I've always been a Braun fan, so for me, Braun Silk Epil 9-579 is the best. Another great option is Panasonic ES-ED90-P Wet/Dry Epilator and Shaver. Both epilators have special caps, created especially for sensitive areas.
The technique is the same as epilating another part of your body:
- Clean the area
- Keep the skin taut and go with the epilator in the direction of the hair growth. The first time it will hurt a lot, but if you persevere, you will get used to this particular sensation. It helps if you continue this procedure regularly because the new hairs that grow will be thinner and pluck them will imply less pain.
- Apply a moisturizing cream or Aloe Vera gel.
To be honest, you should read first about how to epilate yourself correctly before you want to try this method on your butt. You don't want to make any simple mistake.
From my point of view, the fastest method to remove anal hair is to shave it, using either a disposal razor or an electric razor. Most beauticians don't recommend this method because is the risk to cut yourself and also there are many side effects. But for those who want to try, read further.
Regardless that you are experienced or not in shaving this area, you should always be careful. If it is done correctly, shaving the anus area, including the genitals and the butt cheeks, is painless.
First of all, the products that you will use are very important, you must have a sharp razor or a quality electric razor and a shaving gel.
- The first step is to wash the area with soap and warm water. Wash the hands as well!
- Use a mirror or two to see exactly what you are doing down there.
- Apply a fine layer of shaving gel or cream and carefully shave the hair, following the direction of the hair growth. Don't forget to lift a leg up to create "a wider area" for shaving it. The skin from the anal area has many wrinkles, making difficult to glide the razor here. This is why you should keep the skin taut as much as possible. Don't rush and you will be fine.
- Apply a moisturizing cream after you finished or if you prefer, a quality talcum powder.
After shaving, in a day or two will have stubbly hair (which can be itching) and ingrown hairs.
Waxing the anus area is quite dangerous, especially for people who don't have enough experience with waxing. Also, it is not a cheap or a painless alternative. There are special waxing kits because this area has more folds than other parts of your body and if you use a general waxing kit, you will take a couple layers of scrotum skin right off...Ouch!!
So, if you still want to wax the anus area, you should use a cold or warm wax. Hot wax is forbidden! Also, specialists recommend having someone help you do this procedure, even though you will do it at home. But if you don't have someone to help you or you don't want to expose these parts to anyone, you should definitely use a mirror, like a handheld mirror. So if waxing at home isn't for you, there is another alternative. You can go to a beauty center to wax the anus area. The treatment will be more expensive, but the results will be better. Because the esthetician has more experience, he will remove the hair from the back-side area with care and attention.
For those who want to wax the anus area at home, you should follow some important steps:
- First, you should make a bath, to clean the area and to open the pores, to be easier for the hairs to be pulled out.
- Trim the hair as short as 0,5-1 cm (1/4 inch) to make the process more efficient and to decrease the discomfort that you may experience during the procedure.
- You can not wax your anus area if you stand up. Thus, you should lie down and use a mirror to see the entire region when you will apply the wax.
- With one hand, you must keep the skin in this area taut and with the other, you will apply the wax or the wax strips. There are many waxing kits on the market, this is why, besides these tips, you should read carefully the instructions for your product. Most people who do this procedure admit that waxing strips are easier to use over this area.
- Grab one end of the strip and pull it quickly in the opposite direction (toward the other end of the strip). Don't pull the strip away from your body because it hurt more, instead, you should keep it as close as possible to the body until the entire strip is removed from the anus area.
- The process must be repeated on the other side of the anus. But don't repeat the process in the same area, even though you don't have the wanted results.
- Clean the area. A way to remove the remaining wax is by using baby oil. Soak a cotton in it and clean the area.
- Apply a moisturizing cream or alcohol-free Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera to sooth the skin and to reduce inflammation, irritation, and ingrown hairs.
Sugaring is similar to waxing, only that the hair removal kit is made from sugar. Also, it is less painful because the sugar paste doesn't take off a thin layer of the skin. Normally, this procedure is done in beauty salons, but nowadays you can find products which are created for home use. For example, the BodyHonee’s 100% all natural Sugar Wax Kit is made from 3 natural ingredients: pure cane sugar, sea salt, and lemon juice.
So, do you dare to wax your butt at home or you want to go to a professional beauty spa?!
4. Depilatory Creams
Yes, if you don't dare to wax or epilate the anus area, then you can use hair removal creams. They are easy to apply, but be sure to follow correctly the product's instructions. Nair Men Hair Removal Cream has very good reviews and it is quick and easy to use. They are made from strong chemicals which are meant to burn the hairs and sometimes the skin can be burn as well. So, when you use this method, keep in mind:
- Choose wisely the depilatory cream and test it on your skin before using it. If everything is ok, don't rush to apply it to your anus area. Wait for a day to see if you have bad reactions.
- Of course, you need to wash the area very well.
- Trim the hair to have a neat area to apply the solution. Doing so you will apply less solution and the results will be the same.
- Make sure you don't have any cuts or pimples in this area. The chemical substance can irritate more the damaged skin.
- Apply a fine layer of the cream. Don't rub the cream into your skin, just dab it on.
- Don't leave the cream on your skin too much, respect the product's instruction. But if you feel any discomfort, like itching too much, you should remove the cream.
- After you have finished, you should rinse the area and dry it.
- Moisturize the area with a cream of your choice.
Although this method doesn't hurt, you can have some negative effects from using it because after all is a chemical product.
5. Permanent hair removal and permanent hair reduction solutions
Most people dream to use a permanent hair method, but only a few can.
These treatments are expensive and not everyone is a good candidate for laser or IPL machines. Because the skin in this area is darker and the hair is also darker, you can easily burn. When you will go to a beauty salon, the specialists will make you a test to see if you are the perfect candidate for laser. If you are, then lucky you. Don't worry because the laser doesn't affect the deeper layers of the skin, including your genitals or anus area.
But if you already have a home laser or IPL hair removal machine, you should test your anus area first and watch the results. If you burn or feel uncomfortable, then it is time to stop and dream on.
Or you can choose electrolysis, which is the only permanent hair removal solution at this time, even approved by the FDA.
A home kit is great as well, but you can not perform this action by yourself. Ask your partner to help you in this challenge. Done in beauty salons, the results are amazing. But it is a time-consuming process because the hairs are removed one by one and this hair removing method is more expensive than laser or IPL. How does it work? A needle is inserted into the skin, in the hair root and an electrical pulse is released, destroying the hair root.
Is it painful? Oh... yes it is! But it is definitely worth the effort!
These are the most used methods of removing the anus hair. Grooming the anus area isn't a taboo topic and it is done by many people in the comfort of their home or at beauty salons.